National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers is known as NABH. Implementing and managing an accreditation program for healthcare and hospital organizations is the main objective of NABH. To create goals and benchmarks for the improvement of the health sector, the constituent board of the Quality Council of India attends to the consumers’ highly demanded criteria. Various parties, including the public, the government, and businesses, support the NABH.
How to prepare for NABH accreditation?
To become the Hospital accredited by NABH, the administration should prepare a plan of action to obtain a goal. The first stage is to choose a person to oversee all the activities that apply for accreditation and organize their coordination.
- The initial step is to suggest a candidate who is acquainted with the current quality assurance system. The officer can identify the gaps where the hospital needs to work and what needs to be improved in this way.
- The applicant hospital must have a thorough understanding of the NABH assessment process.
- The hospital should employ officers to create benchmarks and oversee the application of higher standards.
- The hospital should conduct a self-assessment drive before presenting the quality criteria to the NABH team. They can proceed with submitting the application form if they determine that everything is correct.
What are the NABH records required?
There are several statutory and no statutory documented records that the NABH team will ask you to update on their protocol. Other than primary NABH documents like Manual, procedures, SOPs, Plans, etc. following documented records required are listed below:
- Hospital registration certificate
- Details of doctors and support staff
- List of the services provided
- Hospital photographs
- NOC from the Fire department
- Lift NOC
- SOPs for the various quality actions followed at the hospital
- Any other Empanelment’s/ Accreditations
- Bio-medical waste certificate
What are the benefits of NABH accreditation?
All healthcare centers with Full NABH or Entry-level NABH receive several benefits. The list below provides some significant benefits of NABH:
- Hospitals get improved duties from insurance firms and government panels.
- Foundation of huge recognition to the hospital, and helps build customer trust.
- Decrease the costs by improving Operational Efficiency
- Better staff utilization through training & clearer assignment of roles and responsibilities with credentialing and privileging
- Optimizing usage of Materials with better Inventory Management, avoiding Stock-outs
- Makes the hospital qualified for the service of global patients
- Often monitored results help the workers and other staff members to ensure better services and amenities for the patients.
- Reduction in Hospital Infections, Medical Errors, and Accidents resulting in dropping unnecessary stays at the hospital