Every healthcare facility has internal operational rules and regulations. However, accreditation ensures that the organization complies with the norms and criteria established by a recognized, external organization. Accreditation provides an external validation mark for your company, demonstrating that they comply with industry standards and best practices. However, certification in healthcare is more than just a matter of reputation. Going through the certification process helps to streamline processes, enhance treatment quality, and foster confidence among patients and the community.
NABH offers a wonderful opportunity for healthcare businesses to create standards and processes while also improving the dependability of service operations. Accreditation is beneficial to all stakeholders in a hospital, but it is especially beneficial to patients. It encourages continual improvement in governance, operations, and activities for a hospital (clinical and administrative). Staff is imbued with a feeling of ownership and clinical competence. Accreditation is entirely optional, and in today’s competitive market, hospitals are more interested in establishing their quality-of-service delivery.
Accreditation is described as the public acknowledgment of a health organization’s achievement of accreditation requirements established by a National Health Accreditation agency. The National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a component of the Quality Council of India (QCI), which was established in 2006 to oversee and certify healthcare providers and hospital programs. IRDA, on the other hand, is the primary independent top statutory board that governs the Indian insurance business.
Hospital accreditation is NABH’s flagship program, with the primary goal of encouraging patient safety and quality improvement in public and commercial hospitals. It creates a uniform framework for hospitals and other healthcare institutions to adopt compliance patient safety measures. NABH’s quality standards have been approved by the International Society for Quality in Healthcare. Not only this, but it may also be essential for a variety of other reasons. For example, did you know that having accreditation can make the process simple and safe? It can be almost just as important as what we believe it to be for you to have access to NABH awareness training and other opportunities. The followings are the significance and benefits of NABH accreditation:
- The most beneficiaries are the patients: With NABH accreditation and the adoption of its requirements at the hospital, patients benefit the most from efficient services and excellent treatment. NABH supports improved patient happiness, which leads to improved clinical results. When the hospital obtains greater patient satisfaction numbers, it results in profit for all stakeholders and staff. It naturally motivates them to put in more effort and obtain cutting-edge technologies to raise the bar for better patient care.
- Establishes a sense of social trust: NABH Accreditation contributes to improved community confidence in the services offered by the hospital’s certified medical team by enhancing the patient experience and staff productivity.
- For insurance and third-party services, the IRDA requires NABH Accreditation: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) has now required all hospitals impaneled with it to enroll in NABH to provide treatment under Cashless Insurance Schemes (CIS). As it cuts down on inflated invoices and inconsistencies, NABH accreditation assures a fair billing procedure and quality care in hospitals.
- Improved workplaces for employees: The training, updates, and skill development, proper NABH Documents that the personnel of NABH Accredited hospitals receives is comparable to those of their equivalents in worldwide hospitals. A positive work atmosphere and increased clinical process expertise are advantageous to the workforce of hospitals with NABH accreditation.
- Hospitals benefit from an edge in marketing: The hospital that receives NABH accreditation benefits from increased medical care since it improves its reputation and sets it apart from other hospitals. NABH accreditation can increase patient confidence in the quality of services and healthcare facilities provided by the hospital, which supports in the growth of healthcare services at the hospital.